Has anyone ever been an egg donor? I JUST GOT CHOSEN BY PARENTS!

Last week i turned in my application to be an egg donor. I got a call back today and they said i had been matched. They also said that it usually takes about a year to get matched!!! I was matched in the first week and im so excited. If you have done this before, what was it like? Do you regret it? Im so excited to help out a family!!

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Anon 9:53 here - Thank you for your answers! I have thought about surrogacy too, but 1) I wouldn't know where to start and 2) I don't think I could carry a baby that long just to turn it over to some one else (no matter how loving and capable they are, just an emotional thing)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• how much are they paying you? and are you doing this before or after you move to colorado?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• What exactly do you do? Do you carry the baby? do you get artificially inseminated? Do they remove your eggs and implant them in the lady of the couple that are wanting your eggs? I have never heard of this before so I have no clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• anon 9:50, before colorado. I am getting paid 6,000.
    anon 9:53: i give myself injections for about 3 weeks and drive to dr appts 3 hrs away. They take my eggs and they use IVF for the intended parents. Its not about the money, its about helping a family in need. I want to eventually do surrogacy too :)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• yeah, its not for everyone :)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009