• In the Spotlight:

Taking a 15 month old to church

Ive been wanting to go back to church, because I havent been for years.. but I finally talked my fiance into going, and Im not sure how my son will act. Should I try and find a sitter, or just go ahead and takehim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take him. Most people are understanding of children in church, and if they're not then that's not the church for your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• take him! if you're lucky, they might have a nursery there you can drop him off there, or he might be sunday school age, if not, i suggest you bring quiet toys, (for during the sermon), like legoes, cars, coloring books and crayons, books, ect. anything he likes that's quiet. just get a small backpack he can carry on his back and put the things in there. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• why don't you try going to a church with childcare. That's what we do.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My church has a nursery. Most churches do these days. Try and find one that does have one. My son loves going into the nursery.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my 15 month old sits through church just fine. i would bring some "quiet" toys. e.g. baby books, or crayons (if your child has handled drawing on paper before), stuffed animals. a lot of snacks, juice... all of that. and if your church is kinda "large" like the one i attend. it wouldn't hurt to let your son run around where there aren't any pews. a free space if you know what i mean. and nurseries work as well. if you and your son are comfortable with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009