When we wipe our daughter she is 22 m old it hurts her and she cries my bf says its nothing its fine but it does not seem fine any help anyone can give me?

I dont know what else to say except when we wipe her vagina area only it hurts her and she cries and wont let us wipe and I put everything on it and powered too and she still cries and it hurts!what can I do to stop her from being in pain and crying it hurts me to see her like that any ideas/surrgestions or does she need see the Dr.?

mybabygirl2007

Asked by mybabygirl2007 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like the doc needs to see her
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Is the area irritated? Maybe change the baby wipes you are using. I don't think powder is the answer. Try using bag balm or another diaper cream.
    Is she potty trained or still in diapers. If she is in diapers do you change her infrequently.
    The wipes might be too cold and that might cause her to squirm.
    MaWolf

Answer by MaWolf at 11:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• see the doc, maybe change the wipes you are using.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• we use unscented wipes that have used since she was born so i dont if that is it!she is still in diapers and is for the most part changed reguarly and isnt in the same diaper for long b4 she is changed!i think we need to see her Dr. my bf says no!he says its bc they r cold but we never used them warm tho!
    mybabygirl2007

Answer by mybabygirl2007 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If this is new behaviour, I would see the doctor, since it is possible that she has an infection or something going on. If it is not, you could try some of the suggestions above, like changing wipes, or maybe use cotton balls and warm water. If it does not get better, I would still suggest to go to the doctor.
    kiki2780

Answer by kiki2780 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Have you noticed any other thing "off" other than she is throwing a fit and seeming in pain? Any rash? Any discharge? Does anyone other than you watch her or change her? If so, how does she act for them? And why is bf telling you no doctor? That seems a little strange to me..........
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Don't use wipes when you change her. Just use a soft cloth and water then let her air dry.. Wipes sting and can be irritating.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I've used wipes in an emergency. They are cold and they burn! Change to cloth wipes (cut cheap fleece in 8x8 squares, no sewing needed!) and take her to the doctor to rule out a yeast infection.

Don't ask your bf (boyfriend im assuming, not best friend) about vaginas, most men dont know anything about them anyways so its safe to assume most know nothing about possible infections down there.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• it could be that she has developed a reaction to the wipes. have you tried the sensitive wipes? also my nieces are highly sensitive to all things citrus. when they have citrus they often are irritated around their vaginas due to the acid when it comes out as urine.
    momtoperfection

Answer by momtoperfection at 1:17 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• why is it your bf says it's nothing? get her checked out asap! especially for him to brush it off like its nothing. sounds suspect to me.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2009