What kind of problems could an 18 month's liver have?

My daughter's pediatrician was going through the normal check-up and noticed that she could feel my daughter's liver. She wants to have an ultrasound but she never would say what could be wrong with her. I am freaking out about it and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything about this.

djay8488

Asked by djay8488 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• Well, it sounds like her liver is enlarged, but it would be difficult to tell why without several other tests, and the ultrasound. Her liver just might not be doing what it should be, or it may be working too hard, your doc will do all the needed tests Im sure, and dont worry yourself too much. Have you noticed any changes in her behavior, skin color, urine color or anything like that? Does she get belly aches? Does she have swelling in her belly? (you'd be able to tell if she did) Im sure everything is fine, dont worry too much(I know, easier said than done)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009