What do You think?

If your SO hurt you really bad in the past (i.e.cheated, lied, or w.e.) but you kept going and stayed strong and the love was there....do you still think its right to stay with that person? Even if you are still hurt and sometimes things come up and rehash and its just almost constant worry....

I love my SO, but I hurt him really bad in the beginning of our relationship 2 years ago. We have gotten through a lot, but I feel like if he was with someone else, he wouldn't have to worry and he could start fresh with that person. He loves me SOO much and wants to marry me. Sometimes I feel like it's bc he doesnt want to be alone? Idk. I do love him a lot...I'm just afraid the problem will come up again in the future and itll ruin our marriage. During the healing time he was pretty depressed. I dont blame him...I am fully to blame for it all. And I have changed. I'm just worried..I feel like the whole universe is against us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• CONTD...his mom hates me ( i dont blame her) but for the longest time i hated her bc she was so cruel to me and wuld say a lot of bad stuff bout me behind my back. But now looking back...i feel like she is right. that maybe we shouldn be together. i love him i can see mself marrying him and having a family with him. we have so much fun together and throughout everything we have loved each other SO much. But seems like everything goes wrong when we want to be together. Idk what to do or thinka bout this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I Think it depends on what you did. If you truely changed then Good for you! You seem truely sorry. But he needs to be truely over it.
    JerzakJ

Answer by JerzakJ at 12:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Honestly, if you're going to worry the entire time during your relationship and possibly your whole marriage, it might not be a good idea to stay together. You love him, he loves you, and thats awesome.....especially since he forgave you, but the constant worrying will cause problems, even if not right now. If he's not worried, you need to stop. He obviously loves you very much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• time will heal everyone deserves happieness
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• anon 12:11...he is always worrying =/ thats why i bring this up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Insecure men cheat...especially if they've been cheated on, he may never feel secure with you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No he is not one to cheat. He has said before that he will never cheat bc he knows what it does to reltaionships. His parents just got divorced bc of cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• This is almost exactly what happened to my now husband and I. I cheated on him when we first started dating... I made a mistake and told him after he moved here to be with me (certainly not my proudest moment)... Anyway almost 6 years later we are okay. Its hard, but time is what it takes to get trust back... there was a little resentment on his part for a while, but we have grown so much in our relationship. You have to work in EVERY relationship to make it work, so its just part of our journey now. We have been married a little over two years and have a beautiful daughter. I hope it works for you. Sometimes its just sex, and EVERYONE makes mistakes....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009