Can I take my baby to the park now?

She 6 days old, Is it too early to take her for a walk in the park?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she had to leave the indoors to go home, so she can go outside. its really more about the temp, make sure shes not too hot or cold, and that she has sun protection, b/c you can't use sunscreen til they are about 6 months old
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• its fine just make sure shes dressed appropriately and kept in the shade.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I thought you weren't suppose to take them out in public areas until 6wks old? That's what I was told.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:41 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thats really old school advice and not neccesary lol.

sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 12:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Maybe don't take her into the Urgent care waiting room (full of sick people). other than that, bring yoru baby outside- just watch the sun and how many layers she has on.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• WOW! Where were all you great moms when I took my kids out when they were a few days old??? LOL I took my first to the grocery store (I was a single mom) when she was 2 days old. I took my second to the park when he was 3 days old. It got harder as I had more kids, but they are fine to be out. Waling though the park sounds like fun!!!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• goodness.. i dind't take my daughtr out for the first 2 months except once. LOLOLOLOL.. i was super paranoid. but my cousin took his baby out every day.. both were fine. just make sure the baby is dressed for the weather and stay away from too many people. especially those who love to be up in the baby's face.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Sure, if you want, and as long as she is properly dressed for the weather (meaning, she is wearing one more layer then you would wear) and bring a blanket along in case, because the weather is weird lately.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yea as long as it's not too hot and you keep her shaded if it's really sunny. it will be good for you both to get some fresh air!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2009