ok so im 6 weeks preg. and my feet swell up alot and i always feel like i want to throw up but is it normal if i get mood swings and im sleepy most of the day?

LilDenise

Asked by LilDenise at 12:23 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, the tiredness will ease in your second trimester and come back in the third, and the moodiness just gets worse.:)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes all of those symptoms are normal hope it goes away soon 2nd trimester usually but not alway does
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yep, sounds pretty normal to me. When I was pg with my oldest one, there was about a time that seemed like almost 2-3 wks when I was sleeping about 20 hrs a day. Sure helped with the 'wanting to vomit' feeling. As long as I slept...I wasn't sick.
    Don't worry...it gets better.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• totally normal
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• sleepy is an understatement... you will be ready to fall asleep while tying your shoes- it will pass around month 4- hang in there, and congratulations.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yep!
    lockscurly44

Answer by lockscurly44 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• All sounds pretty normal. I kept satine crackers next to my bed, i would eat one as soon as i got up. Seemed to help with the stomach.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 1:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• sounds normal to me. i havent had swelling so far, but i felt so icky about food for months and months. i was super hungry in 2nd month, then after that, everything was gross until about 6months. one thing i learned is that you can have all sorts of random weirdness that is possibly not common but is still not harmful. so even if something you experience isn't "normal" doesn't always means it's dangerous. just ask a doctor if it's a concerning issue. :) also, go get a copy of "what to expect when you are expecting" - it helped answer a lot of my common questions without having to call my doc. :) as for sleepy, i am nearly 8 months and i still sleep like a zillion hours. i just stay so tired its hard to even do laundry. so yes, mega sleepiness is not unusual
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 4:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• also, i found going too long without eating made my morning sickness worse. so even if you are too tired to actually get up and stay up, drag urself to the fridge and get a little food and drink to hydrate and replenish :) i did it cause i was worried i was going to long without eating cause i would just sleep and sleep, but i also found it helped with the morning sickness
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 4:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes i was completely exhausted during my first trimester. so tired.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009