my son is sick

so my son has had a bit of runny nose acting like he has sore throat for the past 2 days, well tonight we put him to bed at 8 and he woke up at 11 vomiting. we kept him up for about an hour, then with a lot of trouble got him back into his bed and asleep. well he woke up again at midnight not getting sick but just crying. i gave him tylonal for the pain and saline nose drops but he is just real sick. now the question should i take him to doctor? we have no medical insurance and every time he gets sick like this the doctor tells us its just allergys.

sami07

Asked by sami07 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That doesn't sound like allergies and if you are concerned you should take him no matter what doc says or money situation is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree take him in. A lot of the times it is easier to take them to the ER. It requires no money up front and if you can not afford to pay them the full amount when the bill comes, they can work something out that you will be able to do. It is just to scary right now with all the different things with the different flus going around. Better safe than sorry.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• When my daughter was two she had a low grade fever and was sleeping alot but kept waking up. I thought for sure she was just teething. My husband made me take her to the ER after being like that all day, they ended up admitting her wih pnumonia. I felt so bad! Take the little one in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• so should i take him in tonight or wait till morning?
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• wait til morning unless he continues to wake up like that.. you never know he could feel better in the morning
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Classic symptoms of the swine flu. I would call your doctor or the er department. check out the CDC website too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Symptoms of swine flu and 100 other things. Gees how about trying to scare the poor mom! My dd has allergies and she did the same thing. The drainage will go into their stomach at night and cause them to vomit sometimes. Did you give him allergy medicine before he went to bed? I give my dd allergy medicine before she goes to bed when she has been outside a lot that day.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009