How common are ear infections?

I've met two mothers with children older than mine. They said that babies go through some ear infections which is normal. I was wondering if you have experience this with your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say if the daddy or mommy had ear infections when they were little then your child will keep them too... my hubby had tubes and i should have had them.. and guess what my 2 yr old just got tubes in april.. he had reoccuring ear infections, well they actually never went away he went through 6 rounds of antiobiotics.. all diferent kinds and none of them ever phased his ears... the first whole year and a half of his life.. not one sickness and then the next 6 months were a nightmare.. ear infections are awful.. they feel so bad... i cried infront of everyone at my sons dr office, cause he was hurting so bad and i felt so bad for him.. i had moms coming up to me giving me tissues it was awful.. they probably thought i had a terminally ill child or something.. lol.. but yeah anyways good luck ear infections are no fun!
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes and I almost hit my pediatrician about it too. My son had a bad one, was screaming, grabbing his ears, ect and the ped would do NOTHING for it because "its just something they get, it will go away, just give it a couple days" Since he had already told me on the phone to wait two days I was so angry. I went and saw another doc, told them what happened and they gave me meds saying if it lasted 2 days, he needed them and I was doing the right thing.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My oldest has had one ear infection in her almost 7 years of life.

My second had bilateral ear infections (coupled with raging fevers) from the time she was 4 months, to a year.

My youngest is 14 months and has never had one.

I, on the other hand, had them chronically as a child, and had three sets of ear tubes.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009