I had my baby 4 weeks ago, should I still be bleeding?

It isn't a lot, hardly anything. I only need to wear a little pantiliner. This is baby #3 and with my first two I was done bleeding within two weeks. I have been having this spotting for the last week and a half. And shouldn't it be brown, like old blood coming out? The spotting is bright red. Just wondering if this is normal. I am not having any pains with it or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you BFing? If so, it causes uterine contractions, which could possibly be the cause.

I bled for 6 weeks with my first. One week with my second, and 2 with my 3rd...so it varies. It wouldn't hurt to make a call to the doc to see what they say, especially since the blood is bright red.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yeah i bled for 6 weeks some people even bleed longer than that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yep normal, unless its bright red and youre soaking more than 1 pad per hour
    RVTMommy

Answer by RVTMommy at 1:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes its normal. its most likely pregnancy hormones still in you..no worrys. i bleed for 12 weeks and my doctor doubled my birth control and it finally calmed down. if it goes on alot longer and gets heavy just make sure you tell your doctor at your 6 wek follow up so she can check if your anemic.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i would watch for awhile, and write it done when you change your pad and if there is any pain and if it gets heavier at certain time. I was like that then 1 week later it was getting heavier and then it was like i was peeing in my pants but it was blood next thing i know i passed out in my bathroom freaked my mom out and ended up in the hospital. so just be careful honey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i think the norm is around 6 weeks.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was always told it would last up to 4-6 weeks.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• it took me about 6 weeks. that is perfectly normal.
    ariesfool

Answer by ariesfool at 10:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009