Any perimenapausal women out there?

I started having my period every two weeks...it had always been totally predictable before that...this went on for 3 months so I went to see My Dr. wondering wth was wrong with me...you'd think it would occur to me since I'm 46 yrs. old...lol, but noo, I thought your periods became more infrequent during perimenapause...anyway, so now I've had cramps for like 2 weeks waiting for my period, it's late, my boobs are killing me, I'm irritable as hell and definitely not pregnant...can anyone tell me what kind of fun I have to look forward to as the symptoms increase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Health

• Well, you should talk to your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing, but also Taking Charge of Your Fertility talks about the perimenopausal time.

http://tcoyf.com/

You might want to try to find it in your local library before you decide to purchase it because maybe it won't be exactly what you are looking for.

Another book is called "It's My Ovaries, Stupid" by Elizabeth Lee Vliet, MD. Silly title, huh? But it's mostly about problems (including those as we near menopause) and what kinds of hormones/birth control will "cure" us of the problem. The same author wrote a couple other books but I haven't read those.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 12:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well my friend just started having the exact same things you explained. Her dr. gave her the depo shot. So far she says it has helped alot. However, it has only been a week. I take fish oil and omega 3 vitamins. I do not believe in taking the perscriptions for hormones. I think the worst thing is the Hot flashes. If you go to your local health store, tell them and they will be able to help you find some all natural vitamins to help with the symptoms as they come. Good luck!
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 1:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm 46 and in menopause but I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago so I don't have the period issues, but the night sweats and hot flashes are fun.  NOT!  I'm  taking estrogen which helps and I keep a towel by the bed which helps more.

There are many symptoms of menopause.  I suggest you google it because there are some that you wouldn't even consider to be related to menopause.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• you say you saw your dr, what did he suggest?
    an ablation may be a good idea especially if you are getting anemic or fatigued. you can go back on birth control pills but who wants that expense and all the weight gain, or the depo shot works well too, again with the weight gain. if you want to try some of the otc menopausal natural remedies alot of women say they work. i think they are yam based and mimic the female hormones you are now in short supply of.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009