my son 2 month old preimie has a diaper rash so bad his but is bleeding what do i do?

i tried a and d ointment and it isnt working i even switched his diapers from huggies to pampers and that kind of made it better but its been like this for 2 weeks and today his butt is bleeding i feel like the worst parent in the world this is my first child so if anyone out there has some advise please help me id really hate to spend 30 dollars to take him in for diaper rash

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a different diaper rash cream. I swear by Bordeaux's Butt Paste.

milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Corn starch. My kids would get them really bad. My mom told me to never put the cream on that you buy from the store because it just keeps it moist and doesn't help it heal. I used corn starch everytime i changed there diaper and lightly rubbed it on. It would start looking better usually by the end of the day.
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 1:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• try bag balm(the stuff her udders worked wonders for my son) let his butt air dry after wiping then add the balm dont add powder or anything just the balm then put hs diaper on.....best of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• BUTT PASTE!
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:01 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• uh imagine if your butt was bleeding wouldn't you want someone to pay the 30 bucks to take you in... i have had to take my son plenty of times over his bottom.. they would give me an antibiotic ointment which i had to pay for too, but his little cute behind was better the next day, so fork it over sister and take that child to the doctor.. by the way my son did not have insurance and i am still paying on those doctor bills, so be glad that it's only 30 bucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• if its bleeding butt paste and desitin wont be thick enough to ensure the pee and poo dont go through it and burn and hurt your baby. my dd had a HORRIBLE diaper rash a few months ago, it was so sad! it was red and pufy and bleeding. here is what i did and it went away in about 2 days....
    DO NOT USE WIPIES ON YOUR BABY. IF HE POOPS, TAKE THE DIAPER OFF AND WASH IT OFF WITH WATER. WIPIES WILL BURN HIS BUTT.
    USE A+D AND SMOTHER IT ALL OVER HIS BUTT AND ANYWHERE ELSE HE HAS THE RASH. LET HIM CRAWL AROUND FOR 10-20 MIN A FEW TIMES A DAY WITHOUT A DIAPER ON. JUST LAY SOME TOWELS DOWN INCASE HE PEES OR POOPS...

AND FIRST TIME YOU NOTICE HE HAS A SPOILED OR WET DIAPER CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY...

GOOD LUCK I DID THIS AND LIKE I SAID IT WENT AWAY SO FAST.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• you can message me too and talk to me about it if you want. i just went through this you shuold IM me :) good luck
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Use athletes foot cream. It sounds really weird- but it works wonders... Ask the phamacist at Walgreens and they will explain it better to you - the active ingreditent is the same as in yeast infection cream. I used this on my son with a diaper rash that wouldn't quit- use the same as diaper cream... it is amazing.
    I would take your son in though- if he is a preemie and the rash has been persistant he may have an allergy or something. Better safe and out 30 bucks than wondering why your son has had burnie butt for so long. Good luck.

and don't use baby wipes. If you want to let him go bare bottomed, put down a blanket or a puppy pee pad.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree with MomNbabyGirl 009, if the baby's bum is bleeding no way butt paste will work (I think butt pate is great but not in this case).

You can also use Triple Paste, it will most definitely work but it isn't cheap. Good Luck and let your baby's bum air dry for a while.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i dont know where you live at i am in Illinois and we have a ointment called Paladin you can order it online and its the best stuff EVER!!!! otherwise make sure it gets air and dont use wipes on it....we took a turkey baster and used it to wash my daughters diaper area with every diaper change and gently dried it and within a day it was 20x better.
    ChasingSam

Answer by ChasingSam at 1:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009