? about 13 mo olds teeth

My son has 7 teeth 4 on top 3 on bottom...behind his top 2 teeth he looks like he's got a little white tooth coming in and I tried brushing his teeth and its still there but bc he's doesnt like my hand in his mouth he fights me but I'm pretty sure its a tooth..and his gums on his left front one bleeds sometimes at the top..i know this bc I always thought it was food stuck in there but its always there and i got a good look at it today and it looks like its kinda sore...What do I do..do I take him to the dentist or Doctor? Bc we don't have him on dental yet and I may need to hurry and get him on so I can take him next month..PLEASE HELp!!!

howardsmom

Asked by howardsmom at 1:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can when he is asleep try feeling it and see if it feels hard. If it does then its most likely a tooth. if its not it could be something else and I would take him to the dentist or try finding a childrens clinic that will take him for free.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If its a tooth, theres really not a whole lot that you can do about it right now. Their teeth will shift as they get more teeth. If you are worried about it, a doctor can examine it. If the area looks red and inflammed, I suggest giving the child tylenol or mortin for the soreness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009