Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if CPS investigates illegals will they report their immigration status to ICE?

The parents are illegal and the children are not. Does anyone know what CPS's duties are when it comes to dealing with illegal aliens?

Please I do NOT want to know your opinion on what CPS should do, or your personal opinion on illegal immigration. I am ONLY looking for facts. If you know of a case where the parents were deported, or were not, I want to hear that. If you want to start drama or be hateful please go to another post.
Thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (12)
  • If any government worker finds out they are illegal then by law ya they are supposed to report them and then deport them
    tought break for the kids looks like foaster care and childrens shelters for the next 18 or so years.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • They aren't allowed to report you. They aren't even allowed to ask to see your immigration papers. That's why welfare offices don't ask for proof of citizenship.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • welfare offices do to ask.
    They ask if youare a citizen or "other"

    If the happen to find out then YES you will get deported sorry

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • um anon :35...yes they DO ask for proof of citizenship..its called your birth cert...hehe if your foreign they as for your nationalization paperwork.
    as far as parents with children born in the US...they have the legal right to apply for citizenship if their children were born in the us..they will most likely get it to because of the child. I see this paperwork all the time at my job (sorry classified info cant get into more than this). If you know someone like this OP...they might be unaware of this information, and should look into getting nationalization paperwork done.

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • I have come to realize that the majority of people on here who act like they know everything about the welfare system have never seen an application. Illegal immigrants DO NOT get benefits (I have worked with these things as well). Only legal residents. If a government agency (CPS) is coming to the home of an illegal immigrant, they will report them to ICE because well, they are ILLEGAL. This is really not that difficult to understand. Illegal doesn't mean "meh, we'll just pretend it's okay you're here because someone has to scrub the toilets at the office."

    Answer by OneToughMami at 7:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • yeah and they should have thought what could happen before jumping the border...

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • Just remember. What goes around comes around.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • Here in Ohio, yes they do ask for proof of citizenship at the welfare office. If you can't prove you are in the US leagally, then you don't get help. Sticky point is the kids. Since they have not gotten smart and gotten rid of the rule that just because you were born here makes you an American these illegals have a "qualifying child/children" They are elligble for medicaid, an education, and social security. There is a way around everything if you look hard enough. If they made it so you are only an American if you are born to people who were already born here, or here legally maybe people wouldn't be in such a hurry to sneak in.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • I was a CPS investigator in Texas and here if the children were legal, we did not report it because that wouldn't be the best option for the kids. CPS is first and fore most looking out for the kids best interest. If the kids are legal citizens, speak English, and go to our public schools, CPS will not report the illegal parents.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.