is breastfeeding more making me really hungry?

i bought the mother's milk tea and i have been getting more milk in by drinking that, i still formula feed DD but i am breastfeeding her more i am giving her about 4 bottles of formula a day and the rest is just breastmilk, but i am always starving specially at night, i am scared i do not wanna get obese! help.....

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 2:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are breastfeeding then you are probably using those calories just be careful about what you eat and make sure its not a bunch of junk and I am sure you won't have that problem. :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• girl you have to eat more whle breastfeeding. just don't load up on junk. eat healthy foods, veggies, fruits whole grains and proteins.oatmeal is really good and helps with milk production too!!!!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• When I'm breastfeeding I eat lots of food - more than my husband generally. As the pps noted, make sure it's healthy foods and you'll have no problem!

Answer by missanc at 7:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yes, breastfeeding can make you feel like you are starving, and dying of thirst!!! If you're worried about weight gain, make sure you eat healthy foods! But please. EAT! Your body, and your baby need for you to eat when you feel hungry.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i'm bf, and alsways hungry- i keep snacks like nuts or fruit on hand just in case i get the munchies. i also drink at least 1 liter of water each day- not counting non-water drinks. keeping hydrated and snacking before or after nursing will help, as will eating several small healthy meals/snacks during the day.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2009