don't know how to help my friend?

{Im sad today cause I keep haveing weird dreams and they have my mind all fucked. I wanna b e down there right now but thats not going to happen. I am happy I got that contract but lately my heart hurts and i really dont know what to do with myself anymore. Ive helped so many In the last few years when am I going to find myself Im so lost today Its not even funny What do i do?}<-- this is the message he sent me. All i know to tell him is keep his head up and thngs will get better and that i'm willing to listen but i don't know how to make him feel better. Any advice on what to tell him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Try asking him what made him start feeling this way? Is he depressed with his job,lost his girlfriend? Trying to understand what he is going through better may help. Does he live near you? Maybe going out and having lunch or doing something fun will get his mind of what is bothering him.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well he just found a job and is happy about that. His is off at college in a differnt state at the moment so getting together to hang out won't work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Have you ever felt this way? If so the best way to help is to relate to him using your experience. As in "wow thats rough, I know how you feel bc I felt this way when <>". Let him know he isnt alone and things will get better and you are there for him if he needs it. Thats all anyone can really do.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009