thats what i thought but i read somewhere that your dr. wont see you until you are at least 8 weeks along?is that false info.

riparianah

Asked by riparianah at 3:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That is false.
    I saw my dr with my daugter at 5 weeks.
    They did a transvaginal ultra sound to confirm the pregnancy then set my next appointment .
    After asking all the first visit questions LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i too saw my doc at 5 weeks and he simply did a quick sonogram to confirm
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Most won't see you until then but some will take your insurance money at any time...Oh, and most will do nothing to prevent a miscarrage until 20 weeks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• All doctors are different. With my first pregnancy my ob saw me at 6 weeks. Now I am with a new ob (change in insurance) with my second pregnancy and I just went this Wed and I was 8 w 3 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my dr is one of them drs they didnt want to see me intill 9-12 weeks along i fought with them b/c of the meds i was takeing could lead to a heart defect and i wanted to make sure the baby had a heart beat...once i became demanding they listen to me...i think they know better by now when i want a appt they get me on with no questions asked...i can always tell when it someone new b/c i have the same old fight
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• it really depends on the practice. i got an appointment at around 12 weeks. it's ok to wait as long as you read up about nutrition and taking care of yourself and your baby in early pregnancy. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It depends on the Dr./midwife. My old OB wouldnt see you til 10-12 weeks MINIMUM. (I was about 13 w when I first saw them)...My midwife will see you much earlier. I think 8 weeks.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009