How on earth can I get rid of roaches??

So I am so upset. My son was telling me yesterday that he had gone into our bathroom the night before and there was huge bug on the wall. I asked him to explain it to me...

Today I come down to make coffee and there was one on my counter...a freaking roach. OMG...I am up now for two hours now(since 4:30) scrubbing my counters and washing dishes and stuff. We are not dirty people either so I cant understand where they came from. I rarely leave a dish in the sink, and my counters are never "crummy". Now I know why my dog has been going nuts at night..she probably saw them.

So now I need help....how can I get rid of them?? Safely as I have three kids, a cat and two dogs. All I know is I am soo grossed out now....YUCK!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Call an exterminator

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They are probably chinese roaches...more commonly called water bugs. They need a humid environment. One way to see if they are the 'nasty' kind of roaches is to look under your fridge or stove, where it's warm...if you don't see any there, then it's just a water bug. You don't have to be an 'unclean' person to get them...I went thru this a couple months ago...they are bad this year
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If you live in a house then they are somewhere you can't see them I mean their colony I guess then you will have get an exterminator.

But if you live in an apartment well you'll never get rid of them bc no matter how much you clean your home or bomb it the roaches in your home will just go to the next apartment and after the medicine/gas is gone oh they'll be back all they do is move around for cover. If that is the case the apartments will have to take care of the problem..yuck I hate those creatures..

Have you ever seen "Joe's Apartment" with Jerry O'Donnell it is a cute/dumb/stupid B movie if you got time to kill watch it it is not all that but good time to spend..I guess. It's gross...lol

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Combat GEL......its about 8 bucks a tube, but you put it in all and any cracks around where the roaches are / might be, like along the windows, under the sink, anywhere you can put it. Since its a gel, it goes on sorta like you are caulking, it works,and it keeps working even later. I guess the roaches eat it and take it back to any nest where the others die. I have known several people that have gotten rid of quite a few this way and you shouldnt have to call the exterminator (and this is pet/kid safe, because it is contained to the area you put it in, not an all over house bomb kind of thing, just makes sure you dont put it where a dog might lick it)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 9:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2009