9/11 eight year anniversery In memory of that faithful day and all the lives that were lost,and others that were changed forever.

I woke up this morning and realized today was September 11th. Wow. Can you believe it has been 8 years? I can't. I still thank God every day because one of our very close friends (my DH's best friend) was due on one of those planes. Then something came up and he missed the plane. I thank God he did, or else he would have been dead. I can't even imagine what it would be like if we had actually lost him. Every day my prayers go out to those who did losse a loved one but today i know they need it more.
I just still can not believe it has been 8 years!!
When my DD woke up this morning she said she thinks school should be canceled in memory of 9/11. Honestly I kind of agree with her. A day to honor the many lost lives. What do you think?

xomommy25

Asked by xomommy25 at 7:33 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think, that NO matter one's personal opinion about politics, or their political affilitation...today is a day for unity, and prayer.
    Let's remember all those that were lost that day, and pray for our country now. No bickering, no name calling...just peace...today.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree! I think Labor Day should be replaced with a day of remembrance for the victims of 9/11. I lost a family friend that day...he was a firefighter who had literally just finished a double shift, and was about to go home, when the first plane struck the WTC. He immediately suited up and went to help. He died when the South Tower fell. His remains were found 5 months later and he was finally laid to rest. His name was Michael Boyle.

Too many people have forgotten that fateful day, and need to be reminded that it CAN happen again!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yes and they just passed a bill that 9/11 will be called Service Day (or something like that) in honor of all the service people that helped...says a lot to the families that lost someone that day doesn't it!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree at least for the places and states affected by it. I live only 20 minutes fronm the crash in PA. I thought my parents were dead. I couldn't get ahold of them.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think that TODAY should have been made a national remembrance day. Eight years ago on 9-11 our country had a 911. It served as a wake-up call for many. Many are still awake, some have gone back to sleep.

The point is that we must NEVER FORGET. Our country can no longer be a sleeping giant. We can't just depend upon our military and our government to keep us safe. It doesn't matter what administration is in charge. WE THE PEOPLE must take responsibility for the safety of our country. We live in a 24/7 world and that world stays at our doorstep. We must once again become one and we must stay one.

May the Lord bless and keep the families of the victims and may he hold those victims forever in his loving arms. God Bless America............and God bless ALL of you.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2009