Finding Nemo party ideas

My son will be turing 3 and he loves Nemo. So I want to have a nemo party. Any ideas on games, food/cake, decorations, anything? Thanks!

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 8:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• Favors:
    (1) fill a small fish bowl with gummy sharks, stickers, etc.
    (2) ask the parents if you can give their child a gold fish (you can get them for less than a dollar at most pet stores)

Food:
    (1) Punch: the day before the party, freeze shark gummies into ice cubes. Let the ice cube tray sit at room temp for an hour to let all the air bubbles disappear. When you freeze them the gummies with dissolve slightly and the ice cubes will be tinted blue. Then prepare blue Kool Aid to the package instructions and at 2 liters of ginger ale. When you serve it add the ice cubes.
    (2) make blue jello and throw in some gummi fish, sharks, and some fruit.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 9:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Games: Pin the "lucky" fin on Nemo, or you could have them decorate their own underwater theme. (sorry I'm a little lacking in the games department)

Food: Goldfish Crackers, the have fruit snacks that are underwater themed, or if you want to do a meal you could try to find chicken nuggets that are shaped like fish (I have seen them where we live I just don't remember the brand name) or make hamburger patties in fish shape.

Cake: I always order my cakes (I really suck at attempting to decorate them) I would just go to the store and see if they had one and order it.

Decorations: Cut out a bunch of fish from construction paper and put it all over the place. See if a party store has any actual Nemo decorations.

I hope this helps. Have a Great time celebrating his birthday.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• (1)For the invitations you can use bright cardstock paper and cut it into fish shapes. Write 'Dive into ___'s Birthday!" with all the information on it and sprinkle a little bit of fish shaped confetti in the envelope before you seal it.
    (2)Get blue, light blue, and orange streamers. You can hang them from the ceiling to create a sort of underwater effect. And hang a few paper fish from the ceiling.
    (3) Cover your main table with a Nemo tablecloth or even just a white sheet. You can scatter gummi fish, sharks, and blue candies around the table. You can use your cake as the center piece (which I suggest buying unless you rock at cake decorating) or get a Nemo gift bag and weigh it down with some cans and attach balloons to the handles that are blue and orange.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 9:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Games:
    (1) Tag with Bruce: the child in the middle is Bruce the Shark. Everyone else is a fish who must run past Bruce. If a fish is tagged, (s)he holds hands with Bruce and the become a super shark. The last fish alive wins!
    (2) Nemo, Nemo, Dory: just like duck, duck, goose but with Nemo and Dory
    (3) Gill Says: just like Simon Says
    (4) Finding Nemo: before the party cut and hide paper fish with each child's name written on it. Have each child find a fish (any fish) and then have them work together to find the fish with their own names. Then have them redeem the fish tag for their party bag.
    Crafts:
    (1) paper plate Dory: pre-cut the mouth out (it'll be a pacman shape) and then have them color the plate to look like Dory and help them attach construction paper fins.
    (2) paper plate jelly fish: cut the plates in half. let them color it as they please and then help them attach streamers for the tentacles.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 9:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• That's pretty much my step daughter's birthday from when she turned two. Everyone loved it.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 9:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I want jennifercalling to plan my next party! How does a person top all that? I love Nemo

Answer by admckenzie at 2:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009