Does your 3 year old still take a nap?

If so how long?My 3 year old is not in pre-school or anything so he has an chance to nap at home,but most times he doesnt want to and I'm wondering if maybe he's to old?

MommyLove23

Asked by MommyLove23 at 8:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No one is ever too old for a nap!

Although I must say that if he isn't cranky when he doesn't nap then I don't see an issue with it.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my step boys are almost 4 & 5, and they still take naps. Although sometimes the older one isn't really tired, so I'll have him lay down until the younger one is asleep and then he sneaks out of the bedroom. We'll watch tv or do a puzzle or something. Sometimes if I know I need to take one while they are laying down, I'll suggest to him to try and stay in bed and rest....most times like that he'll fall asleep anyway.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My son takes naps each day and he needs two hours in the afternoon. Sometimes it is less than that and sometimes it is more than that. He gets about 11 - 12 hours of sleep at night.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Most of the time he takes a 2 hr nap
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 10:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My three year old still takes naps.. If I know he is tired and acting cranky then I def make sure he takes at least a two hour nap. But if he is acting ok then I just have him lay down for a lil while.
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 11:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Both my kids quit taking naps when they were 3 years old. TRUST me that wasn't by MY choice either lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My 3 year old still takes a nap. He sleeps for anywhere from 1 - 3 hours in the afternoon. Goes down right after lunch and I insist that he's up by 3:00 (he is usually up before then on his own). He goes to bed at 7:00 and up at 6:30 every morning. My older son (now 7) had the same sleep schedule but stopped taking naps around 3 1/2. I wish I had the opportunity to take a 1 -3 hour nap everyday! :)
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My boys will be 3 in November and they still take about a 2-3 hour nap a day. If they say that they are not tired I still make them grab their blankets and lay on the couch while watching TV, and usually in 30 they are knocked out. At daycare they take a nap from 12:30-2:30 or 3 everyday. If my kids don't take a nap they are grouchy, cranky and often unbearable a couple hours before bedtime.

My nieces who are 7, 6 &4 still take a nap on the weekend because they stay up later on the weekends then school nights.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My 3 year old still takes a 2 hour nap. Though, lately it seems that noon is too early now for her nap and she has recently started going down at 1:00pm.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• YES...my dd takes a nap through the day..I make her really! ha..if she doesnt take a nap she gets all cranky and I will tell her to go in her from and take a nap...if she doesnt fall asleep and it gets to late I will let her go to bed at 8! But YES she takes and nap and No your DS is not to old for naps! Cause when they get in Pre-school anyway they make them lay down for like 1 hour at the most! No matter if they fall asleep or not!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 4:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009