I'm going to be a MOM! (When will it feel real?)

I am due next week and I still cannot grasp the fact that there is a LIVE human growing inside of me. I have felt him for months - seen his "pictures". Still it doesn't seem real to me yet. I can only imagine how overwhelming it will be for me to deliver and see/meet my son. MY son, wow..the words don't even sound real. I have wanted to have a baby for so long - at one time I even excepted it would never happen. Now it is just days away. When will it all seem more real and less of a dream, or does it ever? When did it really hit you - that you were a MOM??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It hit me about 12 months after she was born...It is a wonderful thing. Congrats!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• congratulationsI guess it will hit you when you know it does, I enjoyed every moment of it time goes so fast and once they are grown getting on your nerves I guess that is when it kicks in...lol

I love being a mommy and I know you will too. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• you think labor and delivery is going to be something.2;00 comes eal early...thats the only thing i didnt like.those feedings.ew jet liner just crashed.....what feeling ....pause.....and that is the time you are really going to appreciate your child...when those things happen and you can hold on to him and not let go.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i probly should say that i was watching tv while watching this and didnt realize that it was this time...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I still have days where it really hasn't sunk in yet that I'm a mommy, and my daughter is 13 months old. I'm also 40 weeks 1 day pregnant with another baby girl.
    wiccamommytobe

Answer by wiccamommytobe at 9:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yea i say when your baby is about 1 to 1.5. lol! i didn't start actually thinking of myself as a mom until then!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It hit me when i went into my 2week befoe my due date appt. and my doctor sent me to the ER for preecalampsia. When they told me they needed to induce me is when it hit.....WOW i'm going to be a mommy! CONGRATS on your baby boy!!! We are expecting our 4th in April.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was just surprised that after I had my baby girl they let me take her home! I knew that it was silly but I just couldn't grasp the fact that my daughter wasn't staying at the hospital:-p
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• the day i found out i was preggo. it really hit me during the 16 hrs of labor. as for my second i was already amom just now am a mom of 2
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• With my first it took a while. When he came home it was like a stranger had dropped there kid off with me. I didn't know what to do with him or how to talk to him. It even felt odd calling him by his name. I thought there was something wrong with me. I found out thought hat I was not the only one to go through this. After a while I got to really know him and it started to slowing sink in that he was mine. I can't say there was any defining moment or realization. With my second it was instant. I think that the love at first site reflex is not natural to everyone. some people, like me, have to take it slow. So if it doesn't hit you yet or doesn't hit oyu at delivery, it will. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 AM on Sep. 11, 2009