want to work at home, what should i do?

hi moms! I am having a hard time how to ask this... I would like to know what you guys do at home.. not the home business kind.. like notary, babysitting, things like that... I have been doing some research and am wondering what the best job to do at home and what kind of degree to take from training classes... its hard for me to explain but do you know what im trying to say? i just would like to take some classes and have a certficate and start doing something at home....

thanks!

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 8:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• There are a great many ways to do so, but some take more work than others. I have a list on my website of WAH Jobs as well as many businesses. www.SabrinasCloset.info The site doesn't officially launch til Monday, so please excuse the unfinished parts... But you can check it out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Currently Im seeing a counselor who is taking me through the process of doing a grooming business out of my home.

Go to your local career Center, they will help you pinpoint what is perfect for you, they respected the fact i wanted an at home business.

But I will tell the truth,i dont plan for to be a groomer forever, I need much more income than that for 3 children, but its a good place to start getting independent income.

Once my home based business I have now surpasses the bills and profit of the grooming I'm free!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I work at home... I know you said not a work at home biz, but I love what I do and can't help but share with you! The comp I work with just recently won an award from the BBB so it is no scam. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home. It's a great company, and it makes good money. As far as a certificate or degree from home...this is a school I went through.
    U.S. Career Institute
    They are very affordable, and they are there if you need help. All the courses are at your own pace and at your own home.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Try Medical Transcriptionist. It takes about 6 mnths. There are plenty of at home classes either by mail or by computer. If you want a real work at home job, this is one that works.

I do insurance for a living, but not transcriptions. I have 2 friends that do Transcriptions. One has been doing it for about 11 yrs, one is just now taking a on-line course for about 6 mths and already has 2 doctors lined up. You need a "reputable" company that offers classes. You will need to research this. I can't remember who my friend is using. But from my experience - A reputable company will get you in a door better than an unknown.... Plus do not pay the 10,000 or 13,000 some will want!!!! RUN! You can get these courses from 700 to about 1500.00 that is a reasonable amount to earn a certificate. Good luck.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom to my 23 month old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 2:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Hi my name is Megan!

there is this amazing site called workathomeunited.com

I just started there and there is no selling involved! no products to worry about! If you want more info, My name is megan hoehn and my contact information is on this link

workathomeunited.com/meganhoehn
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 6:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009