Do breastfeeding moms get to buy bottles?

A friend of mine who is a social worker made a comment about breastfeeding moms she said that she was surprised that most of their clients don't get to buy bottles.
She was laughing because she thought that one of her clients didn't understand the question about the bottle and actually my friend had to realized that not all babies use the bottle EVER?

My friend is single and new to the job. I guess there is always something new to learn. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh ok. No you don't have to buy or use bottles, ever. When I introduced juice or water, I just used a sippy cup.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• What you mean, "don't get to buy bottles"? It sounds weird, like buying bottles is a great privilege or something. I guess I don't quite understand the question. Do you mean she's surprised that a lot of breastfeeding moms just don't buy bottles, because they don't use them?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• krysta...sorry for the misunderstanding, my friend thought that even if you breastfeed that you should use the bottle for water, or juice. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my dd got a bottle at 6 weeks old b/ ci had to go back to work i pumped at work but dd hated the bottle at nite when i got home to feed her she was literly attached and i couldnt put her down...so yeah weaning her completley was fun my ex had to do it one day while i went to the barn... i came home an di couldnt even hold her b/c she would try to nurse i felt so horriable at that time
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• all babies need for at least the first 6 months is breast milk, so yeah they wouldn't *have* to buy bottles if they weren't working or going to school or anything. i *had* to buy bottles because i was in grad school, so i pumped into bottles and my son drank breast milk from bottles while i was at school. i don't say i got to buy bottles because bottles cost money and i'd rather not have to buy them. lol. my son started having juice/breast milk/water out of a sippy cup well after 6 months but i can't remember when
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I didn't 'have' to buy bottles. However, I took my Moms advice and had 2 at the house when he came home. It was a good thing too. I became very sick unexpectedly when he was 6 weeks old and couldn't bf because of medication. Emergencies happen all the time. Every Mom should have at least one around..just in case.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Nahh, the only need bottles if the suppliment or if mommy pumps. I would tthing bottles would be a necessity (even just one or two) to help mommy and daddy get a few hours break, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I got the bottles that came with my breast pump. If I had the option I wouldn't give them to her but momma has to go get an education:-).
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had bottles but never once used one. DS fed straight from the tap every time & used a sippy when water was to be introduced. We did not introduce juice until DS was 3.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• THIS BF MOM DOES!! I BEEN EXCLUSEVELY PUMPING FOR ALMOST 7 MTS MY DS ONLY TAKES A BOTTLE!!! IT SUCKS BUT OH WELL
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2009