What was the best/most useful gift you received when your son turned one?

A family friend's son is turning one soon and I have no idea what to get him. He's the youngest of three children all under the age of three so he doesn't really need toys. He has an older brother so he doesn't need clothes either. I usually like to give creative and useful gifts if I can.
Any and all ideas are welcome and hugely appreciated!

jennifercalling

Asked by jennifercalling at 8:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd got a really cute chair for her 1st Birthday. They have them at Big Lots for like $30. They are really nice, padded almost like a little recliner that doesn't recline. She sits on this chair all the time, she loves it. I would say this gets the most use from her at this stage. Good luck
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I bought these stretchy labels that go around kids sippy cups or bottles. You personalize them with the childs name. They are sooo handy! No more confusing whose cup is whose. You can order them at inchbug.com I think they are about $15 for a set of 4.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009