how to go about starting own catering service?

I'm trying to start up a catering service! I'm looking for more ideas to get me started and to help me out with getting started!

CookingMommie

Asked by CookingMommie at 9:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• A friend of mine was an attorney and decided she'd rather be a caterer. She began by working as an assistant chef at a local restaurant, and worked her way into a nicer place. She kept up her network of contacts, and did small catering jobs on the side until she opened her own business. She's not highly successful but makes enough to make her happy.

Another thing she did to "whet" consumer appetite was to bring some very unique dishes to pot-lucks and parties. For instance, for my baby shower, she made strawberry cake baby rattles. Don't ask me how she did it, but she made cake balls dipped in chocolate and decorated with icing. Everyone was talking about not only how good they were, but how beautiful. Word gets around!

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Do find out what's legally required in your area before taking any paying jobs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• thank you so much this info will help alot thanks again!!!
    CookingMommie

Answer by CookingMommie at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009