Swine Flu vaccine?

Is anyone out there going to give their child the swine flu vaccine? I am on the fence about the issue. It usually takes years to come out with a vaccine, and after a few months, low and behold, they have a vaccine. I just don't trust it. Does anyone have any opinions or information that can help me decide? My husband says that our son will NOT be getting the vaccine and that I shouldn't either. What does everyone think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I will absolutely NOT be giving this to my children or taking it myself! The MAKERS of the vaccine even refuse to take it! And it's not been tested on children!

NO. WAY.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We are also not giving it to our children or taking it ourselve we are waiting to see if there are any side effects from it like the one they came out with back in the 70s
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• we're not doing it. i saw a video about how lots of doctors and nurses even plan to refuse the vaccine because of potential problems, and lack of adequate testing.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm pregnant and my OB said she doesn't recommend it. She said the data just isn't there to make her feel comfortable enough to say it's safe.

She said that the news isn't telling the public this but that the regular flu shot will provide a limited amount of protection against the swine flu too.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thanks for the advice ladies! My home health nurse for my twin preemies wants my whole house (except the twions of course) vaccinated. I told her I'd look in to it and consider it. now, I am not so sure. Anyone have a good website to get the vaccine facts? let me know PLEASE!!
    TheDavis7

Answer by TheDavis7 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Look up the swine flu vaccine of the 70's. Besides that, It has barely been tested! No thanks!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009