How will my children and I survive when my husband leaves for boot camp in the Air Force?

My husband is going into the air force and I heard that he won't get paid that much while in basic training.We have 4 small children.When he lives I won't be able to work because I won't have a sitter and can't afford daycare.I wanna know how other moms in my sittutian make it work.Please no bashing,just advice and experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't go live with family tell he get out of basic training? He didn't think of this in advance, how you and the kids will survive tell he starts getting payed.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• you should be able to get public assistance, food stamps and stuff
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Hon, go get any assistance that you have. That is what it's there for!!! I hope you are able to get some help from family, or friends....it is very odd that they would let him enlist w/ your situation.
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• anon - yes the military allows for a dependents wavier, they do it all the time

op - he will be getting paid full sallary from the time he starts basic training. because of the number of dependents, he will also be getting allowances such as food and housing that will be added to his paycheck to make it bigger. also you should be eliglible to recive some assitance while he is away.
    talk with his recuriter and get his payscale, as well as allowances
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• OP he will get a full pay. He will also get housing allowance and separation pay while he's away from home. ~
    sign me a former Navy wife / Navy Brat
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 1:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• 1st don't start worrying just yet. Welcome to the military. I am both a dependent and on Reserve status in the Army.
    There are plenty of Military members that are junior enlisted with lots of kids. Make sure that He has all the paper work on each child and a marriage cert for you, that will make the procces of getting paid for dependents easier. You should be getting some form of housing money based on your current location. He will be paid the full amount for his pay grade. You can look this up on line. Look for military pay charts. It is a good idea to talk to his recruiter. While I was away at Basic Training, mine helped my spouse get his ID card and helped with the process of moving. The recruiter knows the system and should be able to help. They need him to finished training, so they should help you, so that you spouse does not worry about you and the kids while in training
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009