Are vaccines affecting our babies sleep pattern?

Did your babies sleep pattern change after immunizations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh Lord girl you just opened a can of worms...prepare yourself for the vax bashers!

My kids did not have interuptions in sleep patterns that I noticed. One out of my 5 did run a temp after two of them when he was very little but that is about it. I gave mine some childrens Advil before the apt, and they did fine. You should know that my older kids are 23, 18, 15 and 14, and none of them are Autistic or have any developmental delays because they were vaxed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:30 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yup.. the baby tends to get tired more so it sleeps more. then when it is bed time the baby isnt tired bc it slept
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No not at all and i have 3 that are vaccinated. They never had any side effects....no fever, no fussiness...Nothing!!! You wouldn''t even know they got shots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Not really. One of my kids was a horrible sleeper and the other one was a great sleeper. They were still that way after their vaccines.

As far as immediately after the shot, that depended on if they had a fever and felt crappy or not. If they did, then they slept more, like they were sick.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Nope both my kids were sleeping 8-10 hours a night BEFORE they got their Vax
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:37 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• YES! We no longert vax, but when we did, yes, my oldest dd had reactions to vaccines and had a terrible time with the screaming... We were up all night with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

Yes it is like saying to an smoker to stop smoking!

I think that the OP has a valid question. I've delay the vaccines and space them out. The first year of life should be a year of bounding between mom and the baby without having to be worried about bringing the baby sick after the immunizations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No. Sure, she slept a little more after the vaccines that caused a low fever, but she hasn't had *permanent* changes due to vaccines.  Lots of things affect sleep habits from bad dreams, over stimulated days, illness, teething, to growth spurts, and the list goes on. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• She just slept more the day and night of- but the next day she was back to her regular routine. Now she's older and it doesn't phase her at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Nope. We didn't vaccinate!
    100% vaccine free = 100% naturally healthy

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009