• In the Spotlight:

Is this normal for a guy?

Before I got preggo me and my SO had sex quite often then after I found out I was preggo we kinda did and then as weeks passed it became less and less frequent... Now he just prefers hand jobs or BJ's. And I'm not so much apposed but I think the last time we actually had intercourse was almost 2 weeks ago. I don't really mind but is that normal? Is being preggo a turn off?
I'm about 5 months and showing it, cus I still got that layer o belly fat from last pregnancies so I look farther along than I am. I'm not really "overweight" or anything.
I just don't really get it... I've asked him and kinda talked to him about it. He just says that we "will".
Anybody else's husbands or SO's like this since you've been pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think maybe he just wants something different. sometimes nothing but sex can sway away.. my usband does the same thng. hes actually asking me for different things now such as "titty fucking".. idk.. a guy thing i guess.oh i am 14 weeks along..and a lot has changed sexually between him and i
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yes! and it sucks!! they think it is weird. well that is what my DH says to me. and on one hand I understand, but the other hand it sucks for me!! I let it go. There is no point in fighting it.
    Anonymous

• Guys think they will hurt the baby if they have sex with you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• As I got bigger my first pregnancy I think it became more real to my husband. We pretty much stopped having sex. I though it was me and now that I was bigger I was just a big turn-off. I talked to him about and he said he didnt want to hurt the babies or didnt want something to go wrong because of it. He felt kind of embarassed saying, I dont know why, I thought it was cute. I explained that he couldn't hurt the babies etc.. I also told him how I felt about and we ended up having sex about once a week which was our comprimise, It changed after they were born, he was normal again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yep. My bf said sex was alot better after I got pregnant (being tighter and wetter) sorry, tmi. Then as I got bigger he said something about hurting the bay (I told him not to flatter himself lol) Then he would only want me on top or from behind because he said he felt like he was "crushing my belly"
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my so refuses to have sex I am 36 weeks and he has been this way since I was maybe 20 weeks he is freaked out because "theres a baby in there" I tell him he's an idiot and its his baby and she cant feel anything! But still he acts childish in my opinion! I try my hardest to get it out of him I have needs too!! I actually got him to do it twice last week and that was because he was on vacation and we just moved in together so it was easier for me to get him in the mood but before that I want to say it had easily been since MAYBE june so I am pretty much dying here and can't wait until she gets here so we can have a sex life again!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• After we started feeling my first baby move I NEVER got laid! He just thought it was too weird and was afraid the baby would kick his penis LOL.
    Ask him about it!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• NO! He understand's that you don't have to have all this sex when your'e pregnant, and he may think it's uncomfortable for you or the baby, so he wants to be intimate with you just in other ways that he thinks is more comfortable for the both of you.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• some guys act this way cause they are afraid of hurting you and the baby. when your pregnant most men think of you being fragile and dont want to harm you and the baby. its completely normal. my husband was that way with my first pregnancy.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• id be pist if my hubby said that i'd tell him then no more sex for the rest of his life if he wants to be like that
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009