Is it time to move on? Sept. 11, memorials

I understand that those deeply affected by the events that unfolded have every right to remember. I understand that by ignoring the events, we are not doing justice to those that suffered. But there comes a point where you go, enough already. Yes, a very bad thing happened and we should always remember what happened and honor those that died. But at what point do we stop harping on it and move on with our lives? Are we not fullfilling the terrorits goal by continuing the bring up the issue and rehash such horrible memories? How do you draw the line between honoring those that suffered unnecessarily (and why only today? People die everyday and the hands of evildoers) and putting too much focus on the terror itself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think we should stop memorializing these people. This was an extraordinary incident and it should be remembered but that being said I do think they need to stop with the calling out of the names and the stories of their lives. A small memorial every year like they do when laying wreaths etc. Something like that is more appropriate. I love the bells ringing. That would be great to continue.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry, but you are totally wrong.

The terrorists do not win when Americans come together in love and compassion and remember the day that everything changed. The terrorist would have won if panic and fear consumed us, and it did not. 9/11 was a day of great tragedy, but it was also a day of extreme heroism and a lesson in the grit of the American people. It doesn't belong to them, it belongs to us.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• would you like it if we said "is it time to move on" if this happend to YOUR HOME? coe on now. you are way out of lines here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• buhahahahhahahahahaha!! thats so funny!!!! i like it!! cute!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Why does anythying you disagree with have to be a troll question?

And to anon 9:49 I didn't say there was anything wrong with remember and for those directly affected to have a stronger connection to the day. But there comes a point where you just have to say, let's move on with our lives and look to the future, rather than harping on the past. It seems to me you only responded to the subject of the question and didn't bother to read the question itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Op, this was a horrific day in our nations history. It has forever changed our lives, our shift in security, and even the type of wars we fight. We aren't fight nations, we are fighting insurgents. Insurgents who want to walk on US soil and create mass destruction and kill as many Americans as they can. We should NEVER forget. We should ALWAYS remember and respect those lives that were lost.  If you don't like it, turn off the tv, shut down the computer, don't read the news paper and WALK away. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Anon, Let's just forget the Revolutionary War too. To heck with independence day! Forget Memorial, Let's forget all of the Vietnam war since none of us were there, actually - let's go ahead and get a jump on forgetting about Iraq too. I only want to think about puppies and lollipops from now on.

We move on with our lives every single day. Once a year, on the anniversary of the events, we stop and remember. If you want to forget about it, then go ahead, but you have an unpopular point of view and you'll have a hard time finding people who agree with you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think it is time to move on,its sad, but you can blame those that knew about it and did nothing. It was all a plan of Bushes new world over plan.

Oil buddies Osama and Bush.

Iraq did nothing,no one we wanted was in Iraq,it was just coincidence that a disgusting cruel man ruled.

But no one is trying to take over china for killing newborn babies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• OP - out of curiosity, how old were you when 9/11 happened?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:09 AM on Sep. 11, 2009