I need a good mac and cheese recipe?

I need an easy homemade mac and cheese recipe. One that i can make early and my husband can just bake later. Any would be appreciated, thanks.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The one I use is very simple, it was my grans and my family loves it, you make a white sauce 2 Tbsp. butter 2 Tbsp. flour 1 cup milk, melt butter on low heat then add flour ( i also add pepper just a tiny bit) whisk it , it will be thick make sure all flour is mixed with butter then add milk stir till it is bubbly and starts to thicken then add grated cheese 1- 1 1/2 cups depending on how cheesy you like it, i pour it over large mac noodles that had already been cooked mix it together and top it with cheese, then bake it till its well heated and top cheese is melted. You can also put it in the fridge to heat in the oven later. My gran also used spaghetti noodles to do it but my kids prefer the large mac noodles. It sounds like a long process but it only takes about 10 minutes tops not including boiling the noodles.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2009