I need a good mac and cheese recipe please.

I need an easy good recipe for homemade mac and cheese. One that i can make during the day and my husband can bake at night. Any would be appreciated, thanks.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The Deen Brothers were on tv the other day with a really cool mac & cheese dish. They made it in cupcake tins which made it fun for the kids and easy for the adults. Check their website.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• okay easy and competely fattening!
    1 box shell macaroni
    1-stick butter
    1-cup milk
    1cup sharp cheddar
    1-cup mild cheddar
    1-cup guyure --not sure if i spelled it right
    pepper to tast
    planko bread crumbs to sprinkle on the top
    i also some time saute fresh tarragon about 2 tsp and put in it, but the kiddos might not like it, totally yummy, bake for about 45 minutes, use half of the butter in the mac and the other half to saute your planko bread crumbs in to sprinkle all over the top. 350 degree oven. Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I use the one on the velveta box. I usually add a lil more milk and cheese to make it more creamy. I always get so many compliments on it too :) Then when its all done add some extra shredded cheese on top!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Boil elbow noodles until almost done. While the noodles are cooking: melt together....

shredded cheese (I use a couple different kinds), butter and enough milk to just cover the cheese. Melt on LOW until melted and creamy. Add a few tablespoons of cream cheese and let melt. You can season as you wish. Drain noodles. Mix noodles and cheese sauce. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle bread or saltine cracker crumbs in melted butter until lightly browned and toasted. I add a little Parm cheese with the browned bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until warmed through.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2009