Does any one suffer from chronic sinus infections?

i need some suggestions. i never had a sinus infection before and last year i had one so bad that i had a fever of 104.5 was sick for months and after 7 antibiotic rounds, two steroid rounds and 3 cat scans later i went to an ent. he opted for snus surgery right away. i was willing to do anything. i was so tired of feeling horrible. i was dizzy, losing weight. the whole nine yards. plus i have a one year old and work full time. anyway the surgery was in april and since then i am now going on my fifth sinus infection since than. that is one a month. none of them have been any where as bad as the first one but im just so tired of being tired and not feeling well. how do people live like this? does anyone have any advice for me? i cant possibly take anymore antibiotics. frankly, they only make me feel better when im taking them and than i end up with a nasty yeast infection everytime. help.....

km56km56

Asked by km56km56 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Health

• Use a neti pot.....you'll be pleasantly surprised how you feel.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Go to an allergiest. A lot of times, sinus back up is caused by a blockage. This can often be traced to an allergen. Have you moved recently or been exponsed to something new around the tiem you started getting sick? I have cronic sinusitus, but luckily, have only had one sinus infection and it sucked! but I always seem to have sinus presure and get headaches from it. I'm on flonaus, which helps. I was on allegra -d, which helped as well, but as a side effect caused dry eyes and no bleeds so I stopped that one.

I'd also request to see an ENT for a secon opinion. Sometimes the sinuses get clogged and you nee dsurger, but it sounds like the surger cuased more damange. I'd be interested for hte ENT to look and see if they didn't actually cuase more damage by rushing to surgery in the first place.

Well, good luck. Sorry I'm not any more help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• ""
    Causes of chronic sinusitis include:

Blockage in the nose from allergies, nasal polyps, nasal tumors, or a deviated nasal septum
    Dental infections such as tooth abscess
    Allergy to the aspergillus species of fungus
    ""

from this site: https://www.google.com/health/ref/Sinusitis+-+chronic

Maybe contact a dentist too to rule out any dental infections, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009