(YES or NOT) Should mothers who go to school skip one year of college in order to breastfeed their baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is going to happen to me for my next baby. I am planning on taking as many online classes as I can, then I will pump for the rest. I think it also depends on when you have the baby, for me I would want to be at home for the first couple months so I would want to have the baby in June so I wouldn't have to skip a semester. It doesn't really matter if a person has to skip a semester, it will just take longer to graduate and you have to be motivated to go back.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No...if they do they need to REPEAT it!! Why should they be allowed to skip over a grade?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No, you can still pump and breastfeed, moms do it all the time for school or work.. I did for work.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No, pump and use the bottle, unless the mommy want to be a SAHM, then by all means she should, I would have given my right arm to stay at home with DS, but couldn't afford it! School will always be there, and unless it is something you couldn't pick back up, I would stay at home if I could, they are only litte once!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:18 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No. Either pump and use bottles or drive to the baby to feed it during the day. It's not necessary to completely skip just to breastfeed!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 10:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Not unless they want to, that's what breast pumps are for.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:41 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• if they want to that is their buisness.......what is so wrong with staying home with your child for the first year have we gotten so high on our horses with this feminist bs that anytime a women wants to act like a "mother"of the past and stay home with her child they get the third degree?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009