Where were you when 9/11 happened?

I was sitting in a classroom watching it all unfold as a freshman in high school. Where were you?

sabrinarae

Asked by sabrinarae at 10:24 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At home.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Not trying to be rude but check the popular questions section. This question is already there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yeah, and it will be seen a thousand more times today, so just deal with it anon.

I have guilt. I hardly ever do anything for myself. It was a beautiful day here in Toledo Ohio. Bright blue sky, mild temps...just a perfect fall day. My older three were at school and I had just dropped off the little one at pre-school and had 2 and a half hrs to myself, so I stopped in to tan for 20 mins at the tanning salon. I was warm and cozy and just about to doze off when it came over the radio. All I remember thinking was I need to get home and to a tv, then when I saw it was really going on, I remember thinking, I need to get my kids from school. I just wanted to hold my kids. My sister and I were on the phone together and watched as tower 2 fell....unspeakable..all those lives...We had to hang up we were crying so hard.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i was in my senior year of h.s. and watching it from my first period social class
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i was at home - dh was at work he called me and told me to start recordig CNN, so i did, not really noticing what was going on (i was still mostly asleep)
    when i finally woke up enough to wonder what hubby wanted recorded, i was shocked as hell. i just kept holding my two little ones (1 & 3 at the time) and wondering what kind of world i was bringing number 3 into (i was 7mths preggers)
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:13 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was sitting in my 9th grade math class! Princple came ovr the intercom an told all the teachers to turn it on! I sat there scared shitless i wanted to be home with my family! My mom ended pickin me up from school an went home an cryed! An when the plane hit the pentagon my family freaked out because we live in maryland!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was at my 'boyfriend' now husbands house. We skipped school that day!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was lying in bed with my 9 month old son. I could hear my mom and sis getting ready for work when I heard my sister tell my mom a plane had hit the WTC. She said it kinda matter of fact, thinking it was an accident. She was watching the news when i heard her shout "Oh my God! Another plane hit the other tower!" That got me up. They both left for work and I sat at home holding my baby watching the news. I think I cried the whole time.
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 11:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with my youngest, on the way to work. It was a 7 minute drive from home to work, I had dropped off my oldest at pre-school and was listening to my Juan Gabriel CD so I missed all but about 15 seconds of the announcement. I, too, had assumed it was an accident, and thought it was a smaller plane - like a personal aircraft. When I got to work hardly anyone was there, and they had opted to leave the lights off. Even when they told what had happened it still didn't quite register. They sent us all home - mostly because they didn't want the sales reps calling people at a time like that. I went home and watched it all day on TV, just kind of shocked and in a daze. I remember thinking I was scared sh*tless to give birth to my daughter soon in that kind of climate.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i was a sophmore in hs. the bell had just rung to go to second period and a girl came rushing in the classroom asking the teacher if she had heard what happened. i thought they girl was just talking about hs gossip.. so i brushed it off. i walked into my second period class and the teacher was sitting on a desk staring at the tv. he asked us all to be quiet and sit down and explained what had happened. and not long after that we watched the second plane hit the second tower.. and then heard about the pentagon and the plane that went down in the field. we were allowed to use our cell phones to call/text our parents or loved ones. but the lines were jammed and we were all panicking. we didnt change classes all day.. just watched the news.

once i got home that afternoon i planted myself in front of the tv and did not move until my parents got home.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009