My dd fell...

I have been co sleeping with my 9 month old "only way she will sleep" well she fell of bed in middle of night. She has a bruise on her eye but that all i have seen. I feel so bad her crib is next to our bed and not sure if she hit that or not.. Will not be doing that anymore. Has this happened to anyone else its been a couple of hours since it happened, What should i look for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure she's fine, but just look for signs of a concussion such as vomitting. And yes it's happend, happend to a few friends of mine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:29 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Sweetie, you need to take her to the doc just in case there is damage, depending on how hard she hit her head, please go to doc and have it looked at! I used to co-sleep with my Ds too and stopped after this happened, just put his crib next to bed. Better safe than sorry!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't think she needs to be seen by a doctor at all. If she just has a little bruise and otherwise looks fine... then she'll be ok.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My friends DD fell and bumped her head jus a small bruise, 5 hours later she went into convulsions, she is okay, but that is ther reason I said better make sure, if she is unusally sleepy, go now ! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They just talked about this on The Doctor's the other day. First call her doctor then if you do it again put her mattress on the floor next to the bed so she won't hit the floor. Gradually get her back in her bed to sleep.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Pleaseget that baby to the doctors ASAP. Even if you don't see any signs of a concussion or changes that concern you, there may be an unlerlying problem that could be devastating if untreated. Head injuries are not to be taken lightly. Hope she feels better~!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• This has happened to all 3 of my kids. I didn't take them to the doctor, but I did call. They told me what to look for. Is she alert? Does she seem fine. Give your doctor a call to make you feel better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009