worrying!

my dd is 7 months old and born at 36 weeks. we just went to the dr and he ordered a head ultrasound bc she is in the 81st percintile for her head measurement. he said it could be swelling ..he said not to worry its rare but hed rather be safe than sorry. has this happened to anyone? he also said its more common for babies born in the 36th week. some of my family have big heads but hers looked normal so idk. my insurance wont pick up for 3 weeks...will that be a problem to do it then? he said he often gets yelled at bc he orders so many tests.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd be thankful he ordered the test. Be glad it's being done. Soon enough things like that won't be allowed.
    I'm sure your baby is fine. Did you see any developmental delays? I have seen even older kids with huge heads and they are fine.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• shes been doing everything on time...if not earlier. she has great motor skills and is always smiling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My SIL's s on was born at 36 weeks and had a big head and they also did tests on his head to make sure everything was okay...I believe he had that done around 8 or 9 months old. He was fine. He still has a big head though!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 12:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• don"t worry to much yet my kid is 60th for height weight and 95+ in head size (off the chart) since birth and still to this day at 16m as long as she is doing everything she is supposed to be doing its just genetic, do you or your husband, parents have large heads. It really scared me at first also reading all that stuff on the internet about babies with large heads saying its a sympton of atusum, water on the brain ect. is she still following the arc on the groth chart or was this just a huge jump?
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 1:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• shes just been gradually going up through the percentiles. shes in the 57th for height and the 76th for weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009