At what age can you first let a child have a pillow.

I was without a bed for my daughter for 1 and a half months. Last night I tried to put her in her crib that I finally got set up and she cried for 3 hours. I ended up letting her sleep in her stroller and then she was happy.

lilmomma110308

Asked by lilmomma110308 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We gave my son a pillow at around 10-11 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• When they go into a big bed is fine. They don't need a pillow, it's just something we do.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Pillows are dangerous and it can hurt their neck, they are unnatural. I never allowed my children to have pillows until they were much older children. I didn't want to let them have them then but their dad said they could have a pillow.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I read recently (i think in Parents mag?) that they shouldn't have pillows until you move them to a regular bed.

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Just wanted to say ty for posting this bc i've been wondering as well. my 9 month old LOVES pillows. when he plays he grabs any he can reach and cuddles them on the floor and just cracks up. so i was wondering if i should get him one or not. he sleeps ok without so dont need it. i'll keep letting him just play with them.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My daughter is 11 months and just now got a pillow, she really doesn't use it right now, I did it as a comfort thing for her. I'd wait till your child can roll over sit up and move around on their own before putting a pillow in their crib, but to lay on and play with during the day is grat for them, it ables them to become more mobile and stable.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my dd loves pillows. shes 7 months and i let her have one but its flat not a big fluffy one. i wake up and check on her constantly through the night bc i dont really like it but she wont go to sleep without one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think mine were about 11 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009