pillow

i have a pillow under my 9 month old right now for naps and night time sleep she has a cold and its under her head and up to her hips is that fine for a short period of time? it helps her sleep better.. but i know they said no pillows but for this short period? should it be ok

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If you are concerned, then what you could do is actually prop up the upper part of her mattress. You just put a couple pillows under the top half of the mattress and she gets the same benefit with none of the worry. BUT, at nine months, I assume she is rolling over and has good head control, so I don't know, you know your baby best. If it seems that she can lift herself away from her pillow then you may not need to worry.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I propped my baby up when she was 6 months old(now 8 months) when she had a cold. We put a rolled towel under her wedge and it kept her at a slight angle. I don't think at 9 months you have much to worry about. As long as she can roll over and control her head.
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my son has had a pillow (small travel size, like they sell in airplanes) yes propping the head up with a cold is a good thing for the drainage, if she is usually fine with it i wouldnt change it...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My son slept on a pillow from the day we brought him home from the hospital (Oooh yes i'm sure a bad mom) I also had to prop his mattress up at the head of it because he had bad acid reflux and would be in pain and couldn't sleep if it wasn't. If she has full motor skills (can move her head around properly things like that) then she's fine.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009