Beach Weddings

I'm having my wedding on a beach setting. Its mainly our local swimming hole designed as a mini beach. Anyway, I'm really not into the whole seashell thing for typical beach themes. Is there any other themes that won't look tacky on the beach. It would look strange to have a casino theme on the beach. The area is free which is the only reason I opted for it.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 11:02 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i had a beach wedding, wasnt really a theme, i just went with a pink color, my bouquet was pink and my flower girl had pink. we did have a litle tropical greenery but that was about it. whateva u choose make sure its what u want.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Luau...? My sister did a beach wedding the first time around. She didn't get all crazy with a limbo stick and plastic flamingos or anything, but people showed up in Hawaiian shirts and tropical print dresses. A theme isn't necessarily required for a beach, though. Is it a day or evening wedding? That would help some. Is it just a ceremony or will there be tables and a cake/meal/coctails/whatever?
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 2:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I went to a beach wedding and it was nice, just ahd pretty tropical flowers. My fav. things about the wedding were the flower girls threw seashells instead of petals, instead of unity candles (cause of wind) the bride and groom and had glass containers of sand and they poured them together into a big glass vase. At the reception everyone wore leis (sp) bride and grooms were white..we all had colored ones (kids loved this). Tiki torches lined up the entry for reception and bride and groom entered to kokomo..so much fun!!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yeah I would say you dont even need to have a theme... for a wedding it can just be simple and chic, you know? a light airy color scheme.. maybe a nantucket feel?
    http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/pub/weddings/2009Q3//mws1832_sum09_2593_09_xl.jpg
    the problem with "themes" is they can go too far and get tacky.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 1:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2009