How long does it take...

for bc pills to work there way out of your system? My husband and I decided that we want to try to start our family, but we haven't decided on when to throw out the pills. If we had a good idea of how long it takes for them to work there way out we can go from there. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I really think it is all dependant on how your body responds to the hormone change. Everyone is different, I was pregnant within the first month of stopping the pill, it was as if my body never even recognized a change and stayed right on track, so it really can go either way, some get pregnant really fast after stopping the pill and others seem to take longer. Im not so sure there is any rhyme or reason to it :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It just depends on your body. I was on pills for 4 months and took me 6 months for me to even get a period. So it depends on your body. My SIL were on them for like 7 years and she got pregnant her first month off. I have heard to give it 6 months to a year. But if your thinking you want to get pregnant in about a year I would quit them and just use condoms just to be on the safe side.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• As far as I know they work out of your system pretty quick. That's why people get pregnant when they miss a pill sometimes. But I'm not sure how fast
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• amy31308 is correct but unlike her I stopped and was pregnant within 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i got pregnant ON the pill, so it just depends
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i got preggo on bc
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009