Reverse reverse reverse reverse psychology

In light of the "training exercise" this morning. Do you think anyone would be stupid enough to attack anything on 9/11 when everyone is hypersensitive to it, or would that be the best time for someone to attack because nobody would believe anyone would try it?

I don't think the significance of the date matters one way or another in terms of wanting revenge on THAT day - those things never work like that no matter how much the pundits speculate (like trying to connect Waco, Columbine and VT because they happened the same week).

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:19 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think if they were planning a huge sneak attack, today would be the best day to do it. Or perhaps tomorrow, either one. I don't think the government themselves would do an actual training exercise today, though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:20 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Terrorist are just going to figure out new ways and different things on how to destroy our country or things and people in it, I don't necessarily think it will be on 9-11, but they will do it and then that day they do it on will be significant b/c of that situation.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I hate to think there is ever a good day to attack America. But I know there are those who think about it, meditate on it and plan on it. I don't know if today would be a 'good day' to attack us - I do think should something like that happen - it would be the ultimate slap in the face - a mockery of the lives that were lost- and a invitation. I hope and pray nothing ever happens on our soil again - but lackadaisical attitudes creep in.
    So far this morning we've had the Potomac incident and now a bomb threat at a school in Detroit - so to answer the question straight up - yes there are people stupid enough to try something today.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:28 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Today would be a stupid day to attack America because with 9/11 coming up all the defence departments got all fixed up the first part of this week to show off their readiness today. Everything would be spic and span and ready to roll, just for show, but they could be used for real too.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It would be crazy to try to guess what terrorists might do. If I wondered about "the next attack" all the time, I'd go nuts and be missing out on a real life. Be happy and love your family and stop worrying about "the next attack" which might never happen.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Be happy and love your family and stop worrying about "the next attack" which might never happen.

What a black and white world you live in. How does asking a question that occurred to me due to specific events that happened a few hours ago equate to "worrying about the next attack"??
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• The amount of information that news stations share amazes me when it comes to terrorism. I was watching something on Good Morning America today, about the Subway system in the US. They were saying EXACTLY where the WORST place to hit them would be, and that the security system they bought two years ago isn't installed yet, and how many people it would kill.

They make it too easy for terrorists.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Not to mention that they can use Google Maps or Google Earth just as easily as we can. Pshaw.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't know, I feel like any day could be a sneak attack. I feel like the people that would attack on a 9/11th would feel a heavier blow of justice because of our collective feelings for the day's history.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I usually am not worried about another attack on this day. But this year, I am super sensitive and worried. It is probably because my Husband is at Hickam / Honolulu and all of the people going to Washington for the 12th. It has got me nervous. I honestly couldn't tell you what day they would think suits the "cause"...I can not possibly try to think like a truly evil person.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009