where to start

ok so obviously having sex will get you preggo duh lol. here's the deal. my depo will run out next month and DH and I want to start trying to have a baby then. I've never looked into how ovulation works and all that. Does anyone have any suggestions on like websites or books that I could look at to figure it out? I know i'm also probably going to have to "detox" my body a little to probably get rid of the rest of the bc in my system. any advice would be great. THANKS LADIES!

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and www.fertilityfriend.com are both great resources to get you started with charting. It will help you a lot in getting to know your body, when you're ovulating, when you're most fertile, when to expect your period, when it's ok to test, etc. Good luck!

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Um you won't have to DETOX your body, if you ovulate and have a period, then the BC is out of your system. Generally speaking a woman will ovulate 14 days after the first day of her last period, but every woman is different. Don't stress, don't worry, just have fun with your husband
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:38 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• thats a great start. then try ov tests. try sex from the side.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is a great book that helps you understand what your body is doing, how to tell if you are ovulating, when you will get your peiord and when the best time to have sex is to get preggo. It can even help you tell when you are preggo before a test will.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I third "Taking Charge of your Fertility". Keep an eye out for fertile quality cervical fluid that resembles eggwhites. That is when your body is the most fertile.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 3:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2009