Greetings Mommies to be! Can someone tell me how can I stop the heartburn? It’s getting a bit ridiculous! :) Thanks.

brooklyns1mama

Asked by brooklyns1mama at 11:41 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tums, milk, dont eat spicy foods and dont lay down after eating. hope that helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I get allot of heartburn, I don't know how bad yours is... I chew a couple tums and that works for me. When I was preggo with my son I kept them by my bedside cus I had to use them in the middle of the night too :(
    Anonymous

• milk
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Eat smaller meals, more often, dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime, and my OB said I could take Pepcid or Zantac if I really needed it--check with your OB's office, the nurses can usually tell you which drugs are OK to take.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:45 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• tums or almonds worked for me. i think almonds were my cure all during pregnancy lol as long as i had a lil a few times a day it kept me from feeling sick or having that acidy yuck
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• zantac daily 2 times a day it is a blocker so it will stop it, take it even when u dont have it, its how it works
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• pickels... or the pickel juice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• OMG-- I feel so bad for you! I would have heartburn so bad even with medicine! I used to CHUG and I mean CHUG a non-alcoholic beer a really cold one! I think the yeast or the coldness helped, I know it sounds nutty, but ir did offer me some relief, I really don't know why. If you are drinking any coffee or eating any pineapple etc... stop, I know this is the most miserable feeling in the world esp while pg. You might want to ask your doc too sometimes gallstones disguise themselves as heartburn!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:52 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• well nothing worked for me so i just learn to deal with it.but try tums. or your doc can prescribed medication
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I started drinking flavored, unsweetened carbonated water or Pellegrino. It's been almost a week and I haven't had heartburn since! Tums are also near my bedside, but carbonated water has definitely been doing the trick without all of the added sugar and calories! Good Luck!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009