Would you call the abuse line?

if you feel that an older couple were being taken advantage of and that there were children in danger because of it, would you call?

There is a sex offender involved, multiple children (have not been molested that I know of at this point), elderly that really can't take care of them selves being left to care for the multiple children while the mother of said children carrys on with sex offender...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• if you are concerned then yes. if you are not worried about it and know everything is fine, dont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Of course, if this guy really is a sex offender meaning he molested small children not had a fling with a teenager sometimes this is a mutual thing and is not exactly the same as molestation or rape...so if this is the case than I would call the police and child services. If elderly people are being abuse not just taken advantage of as baby sitters then yes the police will investigate this as well and charges may be filed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• CALL today! You may save a child from getting molested! The mother needs to be reported to social services, and the sex offender is probably not supposed to be around children, don't feel bad, if nothing is going on nothing will come of it, but if there is you could be those kids hero!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:47 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If you know all this is happening why WOULDN'T you call???
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If someone is a sex offender they can not be around children anyone under the age of 18. I would call and let them authorities figure it all out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If I thought the children were in jeopardy yeah I would call. I mean you're probably going to get the Mind your own buisness responses but really if you are worried and you don't do anything and something does happen you're going to feel horrible.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think any sex offendar that is anywhere near children needs to be castrated. So yes I would call. That mother is also pretty worthless to put her kids off on he relderly parents and galivant around with a sex offender.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Just a little clarification...I DID call...it's the mother's grandparents, the kids great-grandparents, that they are being left with. And I feel horrible for calling, I just needed to know if I was wrong in calling. My heart is breaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Anonymous--good for you, you did the right thing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Kimigogo...I sure hope so. There are a lot of other issues here as well but I was afraid to put them all on line for fear that they would find out who called.
    I feel horrible and really hate that I was put in the position where I felt that I should call. The lady at the hot line feels that there is elder abuse along with child endangerment. :(
    Sadim24

Answer by Sadim24 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009