My daughter is being called ugly at school and she it so beautiful

There is this kid at school in 3rd grade that calls her ugly, this was a problem last year with the same kid, he is an awful kid he teases everyone and swears at his mom in the grocery store (he called her a f-in b-word). She is not ugly and I am not just saying that- she is so cute, and she smells good, I bought her nice jewlery and tons of nice clothes and shoes(which was no easy task--I am a single mom with no child support) and sure enough the third day of school she came home and said she was ugly and I told her she isn't but she said I'm her mom and have to say shes cute. I am contacting the school again today!! They didn't do much last year, I was thinking about getting some other parnets together and confronting his parents, picking a night all the parents of teased kids call his parents or going to there home and speaking to them so what do you think?? So they are aware that it is more than one kid getting teased!

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 11:46 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• boys are going to be mean to girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• IMHO when a boy calls a girl ugly it means the opposite. Tell her he has a crush on her and little boys are too afraid to tell the truth. So it's easier to tell her she's ugly because he doesn't want her to know how he really feels...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My mother told me to tell her to hit him between the legs or punch him in the nose, but of course I didn't!!! I told her to tell him to stop or I'd call his parents but she told him that last time, but i chickened out last year but now I am fed up!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• BTW, I'm a Mom to 3 boys...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:51 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I tell my girls to defend themselves if it steps out of hand than i step in. Sounds like the kid needs a good @$$ whoopin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• not only what mrsleftlane said....but when he says it to her just have her say "are you saying that bc you like me?" the other kids will hear....it'll embarrass him. and not in a mean way he's doing to her. but if she comes home crying and what not yes, i say contact his parents. there has to come a point when "boys will be boys" just isnt an excuse. maybe he hears someone in his life saying that to mom or something sad like that. who knows.....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm so sorry for you. My kid was bulied before too, and the school did nothing. Its sad really. Yes, i would get other parents involved. For your daughter though, maybe you could do something for her that makes her feel beautiful, what idk, so sorry, but i'm sure others will have some ideas.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I tell our boys to ignore the mean ones, and if they have to say something, then just say "SO".. It drives the bully's crazy. Instead of the parents, go to the principle if it's getting that bad. Don't call, just go in and request a meeting. Maybe seeing you in person they will take you more serious. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:54 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I told her about stupid boys crushes but it still hurts her feelings!!! She is very sensitive.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was bullied by boys in middle school ,and yes please call the school! The school needs to address this boy! It can cause trauma in her life if not handled correctly ASAP! Go to school today and do it without her knowing about it, to not embarress her, tell her you did when it stops! prayers. make noise for your child! go over their heads if nothing happens!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009