Would you be upset?

If your mom, who you talk to EVERY morning and your husband who texts you all day long and usually calls on breaks, neither has done any of these things. And you have strep throat and an 18 month old to take care of? Would you be upset that they haven't called to check on you at all? Or text so I wouldn't have to talk? My mom texts me all the time too. I'm not needy, I swear. I just don't understand why neither have at least texted me :( I always pamper my hubby when he's sick and I check on him and get him anything he wants or needs, I give him messages when he asks for them. All I wanted last night was soup from panera bread, but no. He didn't get me any. Then while I had a migraine last night and my neck was hurting so bad, I asked for a neck message. That lasted about 10 seconds. I was just like really? Are you kidding me. I'll remember this next time you get sick. He even told me earlier that night I take good care of him

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• that was a partial vent too.. sorry.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Maybe they think that you need your rest and not to be running to the phone all day? But a "hope you are doing fine" text would be nice
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Since you are sick you are sounding kind of whiny maybe that is why they dont want to talk to you. However I dont think that soup was too much to ask for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• lol I am whiney because I dont' feel good and I always do my hardest to take care of my husband.. and you wanna talk about whiney- he turns into a newborn when he's sick lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I would be whiny about it because I was sick lol. I
    HATE being sick and am a whiny butt lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes i would be upset. your husband & mother both should have both taken the time to at least check in on you knowing you were sick & still had to take care of the baby.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Ignore the snotty responses. You're probably going to get a lot of those.

You're husband is not being nice and I would think your mother would at least check on you. I'm sorry the people who should be supportive aren't. I think I'd be unavailable the next time they asked for my help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Heck yeah I would be upset.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think i would be upset, my husband texts me all day while he is at work and my mom, dad and sister call or text every chance they get. i am going on my 9th month pregnant and its nice to hear from them once in awhile but when i am having a bad day and chasing my 3 year old around all i want is piece and quite. sorry honey we cant have it both ways. i think they are just being considerate that your not feeling well and think you should save your voice and rest up so you can get better sooner. as for your hubby not getting you soup, that was pretty rude. and the neck rub,i give my hubby back massages all the time and they are a good 30 mins to an hour tops and when i ask for one when my back hurts its just like your hubby only last a few seconds then he says his hands hurt or something like that.sorry that he didnt help you out very much.i think we need to train our men a bit better.lol good luck and i hope your feeling better
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yeah i would do the same when they needed me next time.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009