30 months and still won't go consistantly on the potty.

We've been trying to get her potty trained for 6+months now & she'll go about 50% of the time on the potty. I was told to give her a treat after she went on the potty. I've tried stickers, high fives, big congrats scene. Nothing is working. First thing in the morning I ask her if she has to go & then about every 1/2 hour. When I suggest that we sit on the potty she says no. I don't want to force her so I wait a few minutes & ask again. I have also put her in big girl panties for a few days - nothing. Let her stay wet for hours hoping that she would be irrated witht he few feeling - nothing. She will tell you that she "bm" when she take her pull-ups off.
Other than hiring someone to do, what can we do to make it accident free and consistant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My guys didn't get full pottytrained until around 3 1/2... every kid is different. I know it is the most frustrating thing. Even though you aren't being forceful about it, they can sense your frustration and they will dig in their heels and you will always get the big "NO" Don't ask every few minutes... half hour is enough... and don't use Pull ups. I never even touched em... not one pack. We went from diapers to undies and that was it. At first we would use a diaper at naptime/bedtime, but that was it.
    And just remember the saying, you never see a kindergardener go to school that isn't potty trained. They get it eventually, I promise.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• NO PULLS UP ONLY UNDERWEAR!! PULL UPS FEEL LIKE DIAPERS SO THATS THE PROBLEM. bythe way my dd is also 30 mts. she is been pottytrain since she was24 mts. she only wars pull up for nap time and bed time
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I tried the regular underwear for a few days. Do you know how many changes that is? lol Living in an apt doesn't make it better with laundry. But she will tell you "on the potty seat" if you ask her "where do we go potty?" or "where do we go bm?" This is so frustrating

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Gosh, I have her and a son I'm trying to get there. You mind taking over? lmao How much would you charge? I think I found additional grey hairs since we started.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Don't push her. She will rebel.

My DD didn't even start until she was nearly 3 1/2. When she was ready, it only took a few days before we were 99% accident free.

It really sounds like she's just not ready yet. I would go back to diapers until she was more ready. Then try again. You'll be surprised at how easy it is when they are ready.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• She's not ready. Don't force it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree with the just doing undies (except for sleeping) for about 4 days straight, and then if there isn't any big improvements after 4 days, then just hang it for a few months and try again.

You can still try to get her to go in those "hanging it" times...but keep it low key and not so frequent.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• first off allwhen you stared to pottytain was she ready, was she showing signs or where you readyto get her out of diapers. if she want ready then thast why she ishaving so many problems. potty tarining is good only if they are ready if not is just gonna be harder and longer
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009