what is so wrong with haveing your kids back to back?

Ok seriously what is so wrong with having your kids back to back ?? I am so tired of going into the store or some place and people starting at me like I am a fruit cake because I have two young toddlers and am pregnant again. This is the way me and my husband wanted to raise our family with all our kids close in age !! Even one lady actually called me stupid to my face. Just because I am a young mom and having my kids one after another dose that make me that bad? Also just to clear this up, this is also going to be our last baby , I am having my tubs burned.

mellmom2

Asked by mellmom2 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• whether you're having your tubes tied or not, its no one elses business! what you both decided is right for you is all up to you. i dont see anything wrong with having kids close in age. if you can afford it financially and emotionally then yay! the more babies the better lol
    but really the lady that called you stupid is probably jealous bc she couldnt have kids or the amount of kids she wanted. i say congrats on your babies!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm not saying it's like this in your case because obviously you're married but alot of times when you see girls who have kids all close in age like your kids they're unmarried and have atleast 2 different fathers for 3 different kids and it really irks me to see girls be so stupid and irresponsible.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Nothing! I take my 5 month pregnant ass to the store all the time and proudly bring my 9 month old and 3 year old with me. People can think whatever the hell they want, this is what my husband and I wanted. I would hope that there aren't so many shallow people that actually take time out of their lives to worry about what other people do with theirs, that's so pathetic, and that's exactly what that lady that called you stupid is, a pathetic bitch.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• That is totally nothing wrong. I was in the same boat too 3 years ago and now whenever I see people are like us. I usually smile at them but I really don't know if they understood what my smile is about. I just want to let them know that I really undersatnd what you are going through and hope to make some friends by doing so. Anyway, people probably thought I was crazy like those who looked at you.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• BTW, some people are just jealus of you.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• People have nothing better to do then to past judgments on other people, and it's only cuz they have issues with there stupid self's. I think that's very smart to have your kids close together, me personaly could never do that cuz I just don't have that much patience, if you can handle it then more power to you momma and who cares what other people think.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If your body is healed enough after each baby to get pregnant and have another safely, and you can support your family then more power to ya :)
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 1:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You sound just like me. I have a 29 month old, a 14 month old, and I am 25 weeks along with baby number 3. I know this is easier said than done, but just ignore the rude comments and glares. If you are a quick thinker, come up with a comeback when somebody says something to you like when they say, "Wow, you've got your hands full!" Say something like, "I'd rather have my hands full than empty." My biggest pet peeve is when someone makes a comment (they obviously see that I have kids close in age) then they still push themselves through a door I am trying to manipulate the double stroller through. Irritates me every time. Anywho, there is nothing wrong with having kids close in age and there are groups here in Cafemom specifically for that and every member of the group can support you because we've all been there. I belong to a group called closely spaced siblings.
    Garionsmommy

Answer by Garionsmommy at 1:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• 1. It's proven to be hard on your body. You body isn't able to fully return to normal before stressing it with another pregnancy. Doesn't mean you are going to suffer because of it or anything, though.
    2. It's preceived to be harder to have two young children than spacing them out. There is no real support for this. It is all a matter of opinion.
    3. It is preceived that it was an "accident', so some may judge. Again, this is obviously not always the case. But so what if it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• thanks to all you ladys so much you deffinaly make me feel alot better. and about the ladie that called me stupid. about the ladie that called me stupid i just said to her. ' yeah and they are all by diffrent dads in a matter of fact i dont even know who the new ones dad is' that shut her up right away. all my kids are by my husband.
    mellmom2

Answer by mellmom2 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009